Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers

First, speak with your child’s pediatrician. They may be able to provide referrals for evaluations. If your child is under the age of 3, they can receive an evaluation from Early Intervention. If your child is over the age of 3, they may be able to receive an evaluation from your public school district. In addition, you can also request an evaluation from a variety of health care providers. Some of the professionals that would be able to evaluate your child would be a developmental pediatrician, a psychologist, a neurologist, or a neuropsychologist.

Autism Speaks and the National Autism Association both have some great resources and a toolkits to help guide you through the process of getting an evaluation.

Yes! In NY state, you must have a diagnosis of autism to receive services. This means if your child is mild on the autism spectrum, they still qualify for ABA services and support for high functioning autism.

We tailor our services to meet the needs of each individual child. The BCBA will assess your child and see where their needs are. The BCBA will then create a program that matches your child's deficits and strengths. We work on daily living skills, social skills, vocational and organizational skills, time management, etc.

NYS requires that children have an autism diagnosis to qualify for ABA services. If your child does not have a diagnosis but struggles with behavioral difficulties, we ask that you please reach out to your local senator to advocate for the "scope restriction" on behavior analysts in New York to be lifted. To learn more about this issue and to find out who qualifies for ABA therapy visit: NYSABA

A person of any age can receive ABA services. According to the NYS insurance reform law, there is no age cap.

Your child is not too old to start receiving ABA services.

Make Progress to last a lifetime.     Let's Get Started